Mason Law Firm


The lawyers at the Mason Law Firm are passionate about helping people during their time of need.  Whether it concerns estate planning, probate, guardianship or family law, the attorneys at the Mason Law Firm will take the time to make sure that you understand your rights and all of your legal options.

Our attorneys take a special interest in (click to learn more): 

  • Probate (Estate Administration, Formal Administration, Summary Administration and Ancillary Administration)
  • Wills & Trusts (Estate Planning, Wills, Trusts, Advance Care Directives)
  • Guardianships (Adults and Minors, For Property or Person or Both)
  • Marital & Family Law (Divorce, Custody, Support)
The Shoppes of Ponte Vedra
330 A1A North, Suite 323
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida  32082
St. Johns County, Florida


Serving Northeast Florida in Probate Law Matters

We recognize the emotional impact a death in the family has on family and friends.  Our goal is to help people through this difficult time and we will make sure you fully understand the probate process.  The best course of action is not always clear during times of great stress. We will help you make educated decisions on the best method of handling your probate matter.

Our Jacksonville and Ponte Vedra probate lawyers have extensive experience handling estate administration and probate matters throughout all of Florida.  Our probate attorneys often represent clients in probate matters for estates when the decedent is a non-resident of Florida, commonly referred to as Ancillary Administration.  Schedule a consultation with a probate attorney to get the probate information you need.

Serving Northeast Florida for Estate Planning, Family Law & Guardianships

We proudly serve Northeast Florida including St. Johns County, Duval County, Clay County, Nassau County, Alachua County and Baker County, for family law cases, such as dissolution, child custody, child support, modifications, paternity, adoptions and Guardianship.

For estate planning purposes, including wills, trusts and advance directives, our lawyers can come to you if that is more convenient.

In some cases, our attorneys will charge a fixed fee, so you don’t have to worry about paying for multiple visits or consultations. Some cases, including probate, can be handled on a contingency fee basis.  Contact our office to schedule a consultation or to speak with an attorney.

Contact our lawyers to get your questions answered today!

We are located in Ponte Vedra Beach, near Jacksonville Beach, Neptune Beach, Atlantic Beach, Jacksonville and St. Augustine.


How to Avoid Probate

Learn the most popular ways to avoid probate.
Avoiding probate doesn’t have to be difficult. Many people can use these simple and effective ways to ensure that all, or some, of their property passes directly to their heirs, without going through probate court.

Revocable Living Trust

Living trusts were invented to let people make an end-run around probate. The advantage of holding your valuable property in trust is that after your death, the trust property is not part of your estate for probate purposes. (It is, however, counted as part of your estate for federal estate tax purposes.) That’s because a trustee — not you as an individual — owns the trust property. After your death, the trustee can easily and quickly transfer the trust property to the family or friends you left it to, without probate. You specify in the trust document, which is similar to a will, who you want to inherit the property.

Pay-on-Death Accounts and Registrations

You can convert your bank accounts and retirement accounts to payable-on-death accounts. You do this by filling out a simple form in which you list a beneficiary. When you die, the money goes directly to your beneficiary without going through probate. You can do the same for security registrations, and, in some states, vehicle registrations.

Joint Ownership of Property

Several forms of joint ownership provide a simple and easy way to avoid probate when the first owner dies. To take title with someone else in a way that will avoid probate, you state, on the paper that shows your ownership (a real estate deed, for example), how you want to hold title. Usually, no additional documents are needed. When one of the owners dies, the property goes to the other joint-owner — no probate involved.

Web Analytics